The continued accelerated pace of change in the oil and industry and high levels of investment combine to make it one of the world’s most challenging and complex sectors in which to understand and manage contracts. A good scrutiny and overall analysis of oil & gas contracts to remove ambiguities and risky clauses can make the vital difference to bottom line success or failure of an organisation. This programme provides participants with a foundation for understanding and assessing the key commercial risks in different forms of contract in the sector.
Participants will be able to:
1. Master and comprehensively understand the legal principles of oil and gas contracts
2. Understanding in depth licensing, production sharing and service contracts
3. Identifying the risk factors and managing those risks through effective contractual clauses
4. Know the relevant legal and regulatory frameworks that are in the oil and gas industry
5. Learn how to use appropriate contractual clauses in oil and gas contracts
1. Principles of Oil & Gas Contracts
2. Emergence of New Contractual Arrangements
3. Managing the Supply Chain Process
4. Key Contractual Issues & Risk Allocation in Oil and Gas Contracts
5. Stabilization Clauses and International Petroleum Agreements
6. Parties Roles and Responsibilities in Petroleum Contracts
7. Dispute Resolution & Arbitration Option in Oil and Gas Contracts
8. Managing Contractor Performance
9. Negotiation Style, Strategy, Process and Outcomes
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
1. Acquire management and negotiation techniques
2. Identify, assess, and manage key contractual risks
3. Manage force majeure and liability clauses
4. Analyse key provisions in international oil and gas contracts
5. Describe best practice in supply chain management
Contract Administrators, Engineers, Business Development Officers, Supplier Relations Professionals, Procurement Professionals, Operational And Maintenance Personnel, Commercial, Financial And Insurance Professionals, Project And General Managers, Legal Advisors, Policy Makers, And Regulators, National and International oil and gas companies that are looking to increase their oil and gas contracts knowledge.
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.