Records and information management focuses on file creation, file planning, records retention, business classification and maintenance of a system to deal with records throughout a company’s lifecycle. The Records Management process encompasses all activities from the creation of a record to its dissemination and combines complex strategies and activities required to eliminate hazards. The programme highlights the basic concepts, the life cycle stages of a record, introduction to DRMS/managing file structures and the tools needed.
Participants will be able to:
1. Organize existing and future records and documents
2. Improve workflow through records management and dissemination
3. Make quick search and retrieve documents from ERMS
4. Maintain organization of files to reduce the number of lost and misfiled documents
5. Reduce physical storage of documents and improve data integrity
1. Records Management fundamentals
2. Electronic Document Records Management Systems (ERMS); Overview
3. Information Life cycle
4. Managing File Structures; Reviewing and Disposal of records
5. Records Management Tasks & Tools
6. Information Risk and Data Integrity
7. Records Management Standards
8. Monitoring and Auditing of Records Management System
9. Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery
10. Email Management
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
1. Observe the best practices for record keeping, i.e., accuracy, legibility, and history
2. Optimise the decision-making, operational consistency, and continuity of an organization.
3. Understand and use the essential tools for records management
4. Maintain corporate or collective records
5. Organize records in a straightforward and secured manner
Records Managers, Archivists, Office Managers, Information Managers, Data Protection Officers, Records Management Officers, Compliance Officers, Company Secretaries, Administrators, Database Managers.
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.