Developing Office Management and Effective Administration Skills is essential to success as an administrative professional irrespective of the sector and industry of operations. It is designed to provide office administrators, supervisors of clerical and administrative staff, executive secretaries and personal assistants the opportunity to review and develop the interpersonal and professional skills they need to do their jobs effectively thereby contributing to their own, their boss’ and their organization’s success.
1. Understand the important roles and functions of today’s office in business
2. Understand the changing role of the office administrator and their contribution
3. Increase productivity in the office and appreciate the use of appropriate communication tools in the office
4. Manage and handle information for maximum results to help the organisation achieve its business goals
5. Organise and improve office systems
1. The Office; Roles and Functions
2. Planning and Improving Work Processes
3. Matching Business Goals with Administrative Support Goals
4. Managing Information for Office Productivity Excellence
5. Office Productivity through Effective Task Management
6. Planning and Scheduling of Office Work
7. Competences, Personal and Professional Effectiveness
8. Desk Management and Office Technology
9. Effective Communication and Writing Skills
10. Principles of Information Management
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
1. Manage a network of working relations and time for themselves and the organization
2. Improve the performance of administrative staff
3. Organise and improve office systems
4. Limit interruptions in the Office for effectiveness
5. Communicate positively across all units to foster operational development
Office administrators, supervisors, clerical and administrative staff, executive secretaries, personal assistants Business owners, all administrative personnel, and people newly appointed to supervisory roles within the office environment, who want to build on their skills and knowledge.
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.