Communication is one of the major skills needed in the workplace. Creating and maintaining a positive work environment requires effective workplace communication. Communication in the workplace is one of the signs of a high-performance culture. According to a report by Harvard Business Review, 69% of the managers are uncomfortable communicating with employees and 57% of employees report not being given clear directions. The programme will help participants improve interactions with others, build stronger relationships with team members and become more productive at work with ability and competency to deploy effective communications tools to aid workplace efficiency.
Participants will be able to:
1. Understand that listening is the key to effective communication
2. Understand and apply communication strategies
3. Give and receive feedback
4. Apply communication skills in a working environment
5. Increase listening skills, questioning skills and feedback
1. The Importance of Good Communication Skills
2. Components of Communication
3. Active Listening Skills and Questioning Skills
4. Feedback Skills: The REDR technique and The AID Model
5. Tone of Voice and its Impact on Others
6. Teamwork and Workplace Efficiency
7. Barriers to effective communication
8. Factors Leading to Workplace Efficiency
9. Discovering Team Communication Style
At the end of programme participants will be able to:
1. Overcome barriers to effective communication
2. Realize and be self-aware of the importance of working in a team
3. Communicate effectively and efficiently in a corporate environment
4. Understand and apply time management tips for better workplace efficiency
5. Understand and apply REDR technique and the AID model
Current and potential strategic leaders and first line managers at all levels of medium to large organizations including Directors and Senior Managers, Head of division, Team Leaders, HR and Corporate Managers, Executive Directors and Heads of Departments and Units.
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.