The management of technology has become an increasingly important activity in organizations in recent years. Information technology has moved beyond the implementation of functional applications to playing a crucial role across all business activities and levels within the organization. This ubiquitous nature of information technology means that individual successful instances of IT are not enough to guarantee the achievement of organizational goals. Instead, organizations must integrate several rapidly changing technologies with overall strategic goals. This programme examines the role of technology as a driver of competitive advantage and innovation in the business framework.
Participant will be able to:
1. Understand the need for innovation in businesses
2. Understand the nature and extent of technological change and the importance of innovation
3. Create markets for novel products and services that do not exist and to meet customers anticipated
4. Develop roadmaps and system maps required for technology transfer
5. Integrate technological considerations into business strategy and long-range planning processes
1. Innovation: Concept and Nature
2. Digital Business: The role of innovation in Business
3. Skills, Capability and Digital Enablement
4. Introduction to Technology and Innovation Management
5. IT Governance, Performance and Risk
6. Technology Transfer: Creating Value
7. Career Planning and Development
8. Technological Change: Business Model Canvas
9. Strategic and Financial Management
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate innovative systems and recommend their changes, guided by a specific strategy
2. Work closely with industry experts
3. Identify those activities in the organization that add value to technology
4. Use appropriate, process-based technology management approaches
5. Manage new product development and introduction processes in the context of the innovation system
Computer Scientists, Capacity Managers, Change Management Personnel, Applications Support Staff, IT Operations Managers, Network Control and Operations Personnel, Business Continuity Managers, IT Directors considering digital transformation, IT project managers, Business analysts, programmers, quality assurance specialists, technical specialists involved in IT projects, Stakeholders in organizations who influence IT projects.
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.