This programme combines fraud accounting with digital forensics and explains to the participants the nature of financial fraud, how to detect fraudulent activities, and most importantly how to investigate any type of financial fraud. It also explores the various possible avenues of computer-based investigations. The programme focuses on audit techniques, fraud detection techniques, accounting, and law, practically auditing and investigation of frauds, collection of evidence/documentation which can stand the test of legal scrutiny and write succinct, factual reports.
Participants will be able to:
1. Understanding nature of fraud and fraudsters
2. Ability to know how to detect large value frauds and purpose of investigation
3. Learning forensic auditing techniques
4. Data Analytics for fraud detection and investigation
5. Collect/Analyse internal and external documents
1. Introduction to Fraud Investigations
2. Legal Elements of Fraud Investigations
3. Implementing a fraud risk management program
4. The Fraud Investigation Model
5. Core Investigative Skills
6. The Evolving nature of Fraud- Cyber Crimes and IP Theft
7. Internal Document Collection and Analysis
8. External Document Collection Digital Forensic- overview and introduction
9. Developing the forensic report and related exhibits
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
1. Understand and identify the key enablers of fraud
2. Explore the psychology of fraud criminals
3. Interpret the nature of frequently reported fraud types
4. Understand and implement the Fraud Investigation Model (FIM)
5. Identify case management considerations specific to fraud investigations
Boards Members, Chief Operating Officers, MDs/CEOs, Senior Level Executives, Leaders, Managers, Executive Directors and Heads of Departments, Accountants, Internal and External Auditors and Heads of Legal Counsel Location/Date: ABUJA: October 2020 (24-26).
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.