Business professionals and managers in any organization rely upon financial information to enable them to effectively undertake their roles. Financial information can provide a clear picture of events that have occurred, and a sound basis for forecasting future events. It can also show that activities are cost-effective, targets have been met and can be used to measure comparative performance and profitability. It is vitally important that managers to understand, interpret, and utilize financial information and reports, and can acquire the knowledge and skills to apply financial techniques to financial data, to inform logical decision-making.
1. Understand how financial statements are prepared, and what they mean
2. Analyse and interpret annual financial statements
3. Know how cost analysis helps us with control, resource allocation, and pricing
4. Be aware of how our company is financed, and what is the annual cost
5. Recognize and manage financial risks, using a range of techniques in multinational organizations
1. The Nature and Purpose of Accounting and Finance
2. Business Organizations, Sources of Finance, the Finance Function
3. Review and Analysis of Published Financial Reports
4. Understanding the Financial Statements
5. Using Financial Information for Control and Decision-Making
6. Internal accounting procedures and techniques used in organizations
7. Finance and Investment Appraisal
8. Management Accounting
9. Treasury and Risk Management
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
1. Explain the purpose of the three key financial statements
2. Evaluate the performance and position of an organization by analyzing their Annual Financial Report
3. Apply the internal accounting procedures & techniques of product costing, cost-volume-profit analysis and budgeting
4. Demonstrate a range of methods, tools, and techniques available to manage financial risks in multinational organizations
5. Apply a range of investment appraisal techniques
Professionals in the areas of; Sales and marketing, Logistics and supply, Human resource, Production and engineering, Risk management and internal audit, consultants and advisors who work with business organizations, such as bankers and lawyers, and non-executive directors.
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.