Debt management is an essential aspect of financial management and budgeting. Whether in a personal capacity, or within a work context, evaluating and maintaining good credit is necessary for a success of individuals and businesses, this programme designed to help you identify all the factors contributing to debt, analyses the context and then offer the tools and know-how to build an efficient debt management strategy to achieve financial independence.
Participants will be able to
1. State in simple terms the meaning of debt
2. Describe the aspects of domestic and foreign
3. Explain the basic and advanced concepts in debt management
4. Develop an understanding of the budgetary framework
5. identify all the factors contributing to debt
1. Introduction to debt management
2. Negotiations and Debt Restructuring
3. Debt Management Capacity and Risk Management
4. Overview of Public Debt
5. Basic Debt Concepts
6. Foreign Debt
7. Domestic Debt
8. The Budgetary Framework
9. Monitoring Organizational and Legal Issues in Debt Management
10. Advanced Concepts in Debt Management
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
1. Recognize the risks of high debt.
2. Identify the key drivers of domestic and foreign debt.
3. Evaluate safe debt levels in a world full of uncertainties
4. Assess the costs and benefits of higher public investment from the perspective of debt
5. Monitor Legal Issues in Debt Management
The target audience for this course includes debt managers and practitioners of finance from LDCs. All government officials are welcome to register. This course is particularly useful for officials from ministries of finance, debt agencies, central banks, and other government agencies responsible for providing advice or implementing macroeconomic and debt policies.
Strengthening leadership and business skills with new perspectives, new thinking and new ideas. We offer 25+ programmes for "The Challenge of Leadership" that support your important career transitions.